KSHITIJ theatre group headed by renowned theater director/actor, N.S.D. alumna Bharti Sharma was established in 1987 by few graduates of National School of Drama, with the aim of promoting Indian Art & Culture through theatre, by producing Modern and Classical Indian as well as Western plays on human relationships and various social issues, and by organizing theatre workshops in remote areas of the country.
Since 1987 it has produced several remarkable plays like :-
PLAYS DIRECTED BY NOTABLE NSD ALUMNA BHARTI SHARMA
1 TUGHLAQ play written by GIRISH KARNAD
2. KARMABHUMI play written by Vidhyadhar Pundlik
3. ABHIGYAN SHAKUNTALAM play written by Kalidasa in Nagpuri dialect
4. PAHAUNCH WALA AADMI play written by Alexender Gelman
5. BURFEELI ANDHI AUR PISTAUL KA NISHANA stories by A. Pushkin
6. GOLI….EK PAIDAYISHI GHULAM play based on novel written by Acharya Chatursen
7. NEPATHYA RAAG play written by Meera Kanat
8. MAIN HOON NA…..(IN TIME AND SPACE) based on a novel Purnavataar written by Pramatnath Bishi
9. SABSE BADA DHARMA awarded play written by Renu Kumari
10. PANDIT JAGANNATH marathi play translated by Sudhir Kulkarni
11. ELDER SON
12. KANDHE PAR BAITHA THA SHAAP play written by Meera Kant
13. BEGUM ZAINABADI play based on a novel written by Sharad Pagare
14. DILLI JO EK SHAHAR THA play written by Danish Iqbal
15. AB NA BANEGEE DEHRI play based on a novel written by Padma Sachdeva
16. RAAG DROH play written by Ras Behari Dutt
17. EPISODE IN THE LIFE OF AN AUTHOR play translated by Ranjit Kapoor
18. BADE BHAI SAHEB AUR GULLI DANDA play based on two stories by Premchand
19. AADHE ADHURE play written by Mohan Rakesh
20. TYPIST AND MARNOPARANT
21. ANDHA YUG play written by Dharmavir Bharati
22. DO DOOKHON KA EK SUKH AUR MAIMOOD play based on two stories by Sheilender Matiyani
PLAYS DIRECTED BY ANOTHER NSD ALUMNUS BIPIN KUMAR
23. BIYABAN MEIN UGTEY KINSHUK play based on a novel written by Sudha Srivastava, dramatized by Bharti Sharma
24. HEMLET play written by William Shakespeare
25. CHAKRA play written by Vidhyadhar Pundlik
26. YAYATI play written by Girish Karnad
27. PAGALA GHORA play written by Badal Sarcar
28. THE LAST ENQUIRY COMMISSION play based on a novel written by Sanjeev, dramatized by Bharti Sharma
29. GARBO play written by Mahesh Elkunchwar
30. SIDDHARTH PATHIK US RAAH KA
PLAYS DIRECTED BY FEW MORE NSD GRADUATES
31. SURYAMUKH directed by VIJAY KUMAR (N.S.D. Graduate)
32. MRITYUNJAY directed by MUKUL NAAG (N.S.D. Graduate)
33. BEGUNAHAUN KA GUNAH directed by VIVEK MISHRA (N.S.D. Graduate)
34. CHHOTI SI KHUSHI AUR KASBA, JANGLE AUR SAHEB KI PATNI directed by JASPAL SINGH (N.S.D. Graduate)
35. SUBARNALATA directed by Mrs. KIRTI JAIN (Ex-Director, N.S.D.)
36. REFLECTION AND MASTERPIECE directed by MOHIT TRIPATHI
All these plays were highly appreciated by the audience and drama critics.
Many of our productions like Biyaban Mein Ugtey Kinshuk, Suryamukh, Pahaunch Wala Aadmi, Chhoti si Khusi, Kasba, Jungle Aur Saheb Ki Patni, Subarnalata, Yayati, Goli…ek Paidayishi Ghulam, Nepathya Raag, Garbo, Sabse Bada Dharma and Main Hoon Na…. (In Time & Space) have been awarded as best play of the year by Sahitya Kala Parishad, Delhi. Many of these plays have been performed in the BHARAT RANG MAHOTSAVA (International Theatre Festival) organized by National School of Drama every year. Produced Awarded Scripts many times for the Mohan Rakesh Samman Samaroh organized by SKP, Dehli. Performed in the Kathmandu Theatre Festival 2008, Odeon Theatre Festival 2003, thrice in the Delhi International Art Festival, Woman Directors' Theatre Festival, Bhopal 2011, Woman Directors' Theatre Festival, Chandigarh 2012 and many more National & International Theatre Festivals.
Many renowned T.V. and Film actors like Gaurav Gera, Raj Kumar Rao, Satyajeet Sharma, Sumit Vats and many more have been associated with the group.
Apart from producing plays it has also been organizing theatre workshops every year in different remote areas of the country in collaboration with the Department of Culture, Govt. of India like in 1994 at Lohardaga (Jharkhand), in 1995 at Almora (Uttaranchal), in 1996 at Pauri (Garhwal, Uttaranchal).
We have been running our own Repertory Company which gives employment to 25 regular artists, one Guru and few casual artists every year. Many National School of Drama Graduates are given employment by the Society, which has given them financial support and a platform to showcase their talent.